[tahoe-dev] CORS for web API

Patrick Logan patrickdlogan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 02:26:14 UTC 2013

Hi, new here...

I am able to use the web API from my browser app just fine when the URL for
tahoe is the "same origin" as my app.

I would like to be able to use my tahoe server in a "cross origin" [1] way,
i.e. no matter what host my app is launched from, I'd like it to use any
tahoe server so configured for cross-origin requests.

Has anyone implemented this?

Looking at:

https://msoulier.wordpress.com/2010/06/05/cross-origin-requests-in-twisted/

...I can see how to do this with twisted.

In the tahoe source it looks like the appropriate request renderers in
allmydata/web would need:

1. to be modified to include the response headers
2. a new render_OPTIONS method to satisfy CORS "preflight" requests.

Thoughts?