[tahoe-dev] 1.10.0 - works on netbsd-5, i386 in pkgsrc context

Daira Hopwood (formerly David-Sarah) davidsarah at leastauthority.com
Thu May 2 00:20:14 UTC 2013

On 02/05/13 00:06, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I'm trying the 1.10.0 (release) tarball with pkgsrc, having been too
> busy to try the release candidates.
>
> Running 'make test' in pkgsrc (netbsd-5, i386), which invokes "gmake
> test" in the source directory, I notice:
>
>   failures because of not importing _sqlite3
>
>   skipped unicode tests
>
> The _sqlite3 is perhaps a bug; if it's required then probably it should
> have been an error for it to be missing at build time.  It's also not
> apparent in README or NEWS.  (I realize sqlite3 support is sort of part
> of python, but also that some people prefer to use the code not in the
> distribution, so this is inherently a confusing subject.)

There's no "sort of"; the sqlite3 module is part of the Python standard
library. I cannot fathom why the default Python on NetBSD leaves it out.
Does it work if you add a dependency on py-sqlite3 to the pkgsrc package?

> The tests took 1328.285s.  This is on a 2006-vintage single-cpu 3.4GHz
> Pentium 4 with HTT, and 2G of ram.  Not complaining - it's great to have
> test coverage, but I'm wondering if this is normal.

That's normal.

<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1931#comment:17>

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥  (formerly David-Sarah)