[tahoe-dev] Just saw tahoe-lafs 1.10 landed on the tahoe-lafs site

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Thu May 2 04:04:26 UTC 2013

> I was wondering if and when ticket #68 is going to land in the trunk?

For a long time we core developers — especially Brian — were sort of
reluctant to move forward with that, because we intend to make a
better, more general thing in the future
(https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/NewAccountingDesign ).

However, at the Weekly Dev Chat of 2012-11-29
(https://tahoe-lafs.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2012-November/007867.html
) we changed our minds because Marcus Wanner showed up at the Weekly
Dev Chat and said that he had used the patches from #68 (maintained by
killyourtv) and they worked fine for him. So, we decided to merge #68
into trunk if someone will write the unit tests.

Morals of the story: 1. showing up at Weekly Dev Chat is a good way to
get your voice heard, 2. writing the unit tests for a patch is a good
way to get the patch merged into trunk . ☺

Currently that patch is waiting for someone to rebase it to trunk and
to write unit tests. If someone does that, it'll go in soon! If not,
it probably won't.