[tahoe-dev] can't upload a file

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Wed May 29 17:31:54 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 16:40:16 Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> This is interesting!
>
> Corruption of shares is pretty rare. It would most likely be caused by
> something like the disk being full when a share was being written, or
> a program accidentally overwriting parts of the files that contain the
> shares, or some such. This report you got says that it found four such
> corrupted shares! I'd like to know more. Which storage servers are
> hosting those corrupted shares? Could we get copies of them to inspect
> and see more information about what's corrupted in them?

The problem turned out to be that I was trying to upload the file with version
1.8 (on Ubuntu LTS), but my server is running 1.9 (on DragonFly). When I
uploaded the same file from the DragonFly box, it worked. The other Linux box
has 1.9; I haven't tried it yet.

Pierre
--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du