[tahoe-dev] List server leaves invalid DKIM signatures

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Thu Nov 7 21:33:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 07 2013, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Sean Lynch <seanl at literati.org> writes:
>
>> I just noticed that SpamAssassin is complaining about invalid DKIM
>> signatures from the list. Google signs the subject, among other headers,
>> and Mailman is adding [tahoe-dev] to the subjects, among other probable
>> header changes, which invalidates the signature. I believe you can have
>> Mailman strip out arbitrary headers, so you should have it strip out
>> DKIM-Signature.
>
> Well, it should stop changing the subject.  Adding List-Id is qutie
> enough.

That's not sufficient, because DKIM includes the envelope as well (it
would be useless otherwise). I shouldn't have mentioned the subject
change at all. You have to strip out the DKIM-Signature header,
potentially adding your own.

--
Sean Richard Lynch <seanl at literati.org>
http://www.literati.org/~seanl/