[tahoe-dev] List server leaves invalid DKIM signatures

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Nov 25 13:04:41 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-25 21:48, Lukas Pirl wrote:
> Interesting - are there such correlations for hair colors also?

Darwinism tells us that females are likely to be worse than males at
certain activities, and better than males at other activities, in
particular and especially, at creating life.  See Darwin's lengthy
discussion of sexual selection and male/female differences in "The
Descent of Man"

This is likely to explain the observed underperformance of females at a
wide range of activities.  We should no more expect a significant number
of females in a group selected for exceptional ability in fields that
involve logic and maths, than a significant number of females in a group
selected for running fast.

Indeed, if a group selected for running fast had any females at all in
it, the heavy hand of political correctness would be obvious, and we
would expect the females in the group to lag conspicuously behind.

There are plenty of women that can run faster than me, but there are no
women running athletes than can run as fast as a male running athlete.

Since group differences exist, if we select people to perform some
difficult task, then, if we are highly selective, if the task is hard,
some groups will be massively overrepresented among those so selected,
and some groups massively underrepresented, or, quite often, entirely
absent.

Women should be content that they are clearly superior at the most
important job that there is.

Who discovered radon?

The discovery of radon happened at roughly the same time as the
discovery of radium, and was far more important, because radon revealed
that radioactivity involved elements decaying from one element into
another, the transformation of the elements.

The fact that you know who discovered radium, but do not know who
discovered the other hundred odd elements without looking them up,
should tell you Marie Curie was not famous for being a scientist, but
famous for being a *woman* scientist, received her Nobel for doing
science while female, much as a dancing bear is not famous for dancing
well, but because it can dance at all.

Indeed Marie Curie did not discover radium.  She was the most junior
person on the three person team that discovered radium, though the
course of action that led to the discovery was her idea.  You not only
don't remember who discovered radon, you do not remember the other two
people on the team that discovered radium.

If women were equal on average to men in stem fields, you would have a
more impressive poster girl than Marie Curie.