[tahoe-dev] Precise Puppy (linux) tahoe-lafs 1.10.0 initial report

Anders Genell anders.genell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 04:43:55 UTC 2013

Hi again, sorry for replying so late...

The Pis used for storage nodes are in general not used for anything else, and we try to keep X turned off to save resources. You can also lower the amount of RAM reserved for the GPU to a minimal 16 Mb in the config.txt file in the Pi boot partition.

Also, some of our Pis krashed when stressed, e.g. by uploading a bunch of very large files, until the SD card was replaced by a Sandisk SDSDX-016G-X46. The Pi is notoriously sensitive about what card is being used.

Finally, if lack of memory is limiting performance, it is possible to set up a swap partition on the Pi. It will slow things down horribly, of course, but may just get the job done.

Regards,
Anders