[tahoe-dev] tahoemenu.py

Garonda Rodian deepside at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 13 22:18:21 UTC 2013

I'll work on figuring out one or another public repository soon enough.

At this point, it's a pure-text Python program that uses 1970's vintage personal computer style text menus to allow for quick and easy grid creation - i.e. a "wizard" to walk you through creating your Introducer, your storage nodes, your helper, and your clients, and prevent you from having to hand-edit text files.  Future versions will not only let you use the menu the first time, but will also save the results, so you can press the magic repeat button and generate another identical grid configuration.

Essentially:
1) Create Introducer or Read Introducer Furl from existing node
2) Create Storage Node(s)
3) Create Helper (optional)
4) Create Client

While I'm very comfortable hand-editing text files, I want to be able to test bulk setups, and I don't feel like hand-editing 16 or 32 storage nodes, particularly not time after time for transient test rigs (Precise Puppy boot CD's, for example).  Further, I'm a complete newbie at this time, so for the next few weeks, I have a good feel for what's not intuitive to me, so I can try and explain it in the menus.

Unless anyone (at all) asks me not to, I'll put up a test grid cap in several hours tp a few days, and work on a repository later, as that will take me a lot longer to figure out - I assume 7-zip is common enough, to save space on the grid?  Estimated size at this time is less than 33KiB post-ZFEC.