[tahoe-dev] Precise Puppy (linux) tahoe-lafs 1.10.0 initial report

Daira Hopwood davidsarah at leastauthority.com
Wed Sep 25 16:38:41 UTC 2013

On 25/09/13 03:49, Garonda Rodian wrote:
> Results of python ./setup.py trial - out of memory below.
> First, Is there a way to run a "storage node only" trial, or an "introducer node only"
> trial, or a "gateway node only" trial, etc?

I'm afraid not; the tests are not organised according to that dimension.

> Second, does failing the trial mean that it's unlikely to be stable running for real in
> any particular node config?

Not necessarily; the tests require significantly more memory than actual usage.
The ticket for this is <https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1476>, although
it's short on detail.

Typically a Tahoe storage process will take no more than around 64 MiB, although there
are some memory problems with handing large mutable files.

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥