disk crashes provoked by tahoe-lafs?

Justin Stottlemyer justin.h.stottlemyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 02:50:23 UTC 2014

Treatment of the drives can affect their behavior and failure modes. I have over 50k spindles and make effort to keep them in good behavior mode.

It's easy to make drives die early by running them beyond spec. (Not necessarily generally available data).

It also depends on drive type as well as age. Drives do 'age' out.

In short, this is very possible.

-- Justin

Typos by iPhone