Bitcloud is going to be based on Tahoe-LAFS

David Irvine david.irvine at maidsafe.net
Sun Feb 2 15:44:21 UTC 2014

It's all interesting, for a private network though can you explain some of
the docs a bit more, for instance what does this mean

* Accounting for individual downloads of content means charging for content
becomes trivial to implement

I don't understand, will you charge for downloads or content ? Or do you
mean the network takes a charge and repays this with services?

Some early indications of actual design, programming language etc. would
help everyone help you a bit I think. Having developers ready may require a
lot of detailed implementation guidelines or possibly very close
management.

Can you explain the business model as well, if you have a marketing person,
is there a revenue model and or company involved?

Hope these questions help and not hinder. It's all very fast and I think
some more info would help us all. I am also keen to know how the
integration with bitcoin is envisaged, will the blockchain be affected at
all?

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Javier R. Sobrino <liberman at riseup.net>wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I'm the main developer of Bitcloud, and we are planning to create a
> global cloud storage system based on your ideas.
>
> The proposed modifications, written by Dr-Syn (one of the founders) to
> your system are here:
>
> https://github.com/wetube/bitcloud/blob/master/overview.org
>
> After Bitcloud, we plan to create DAOs (Distributed Application
> Organizations), like Wetube, that are going to serve multimedia files
> globally and will have their own currency or stock.
>
> The protocol itself will be free of any organization, as we plan to
> replace the entire way in which Internet is structured right now.
>
> I'd like to know if any of you guys are interested in helping us in some
> way. We got a lot of attention from the media the last days and have
> many developers ready to program, once of course we can finish the design.
> We can add any of you interested to the core team of Bitcloud.
>
> Finally we are going to do a donation campaign that we think it is going
> to be a success, taking in count that we have been linked in some major
> news site like the BBC and we have a genius in the marketing department
> (Kyle Torpey):
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25858629
>

> We have open a forum that you can check here, with many interesting
> technical threads:
>
> http://talk.bitcloudproject.org/
>
> And we are also discussing some ideas in:
>
> https://github.com/wetube/bitcloud/issues?state=open
>

> For any doubts or concerns you can answer to me directly or to the list,
> if the moderators don't have any inconvenience.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Javier.

David Irvine
maidsafe.net <http://www.maidsafe.net/>