Tahoe-LAFS Weekly Hack Hour report

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:48:15 UTC 2014

Folks:

Today we had a Tahoe-LAFS Weekly Hack Hour. Oleksandr and I were the
only attendees. Sickness also helped, on IRC. I rebased some patches
of mine for #1382 onto a new branch:

https://github.com/zooko/tahoe-lafs/blob/1382-rewrite-3

We looked at the docs of #1382. I understood nsh's review comment from
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1382#comment:68 and
started adding a step in between step 7 and step 8 in
https://github.com/zooko/tahoe-lafs/blob/29c8adeedcfbefcb9388d5c744dd9e567b039efd/docs/specifications/servers-of-happiness.rst#calculating-share-placements
, but then I noticed that it says "Calculate the maximum matching
graph of the new graph." in Step 7, and it really ought to say
"Calculate a maximum matching graph of the new graph.", and then I
started wondering *which* maximum matching it chooses when it has more
than one option, and then I started reading
https://github.com/zooko/tahoe-lafs/blob/1382-rewrite-3/src/allmydata/immutable/happiness_upload.py#L30
and then I started editing it to be simpler or at least simpler *to my
mind*.

So that's where we sit — I rebased but didn't commit any new patches yet.

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1382# immutable peer
selection refactoring and enhancements