implementation of GUI frontend to tahoe

freelab xavier freelab.cc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:07:14 UTC 2014

Actually we are using two kind of tools quite independently.

Pydio or owncloud GUI interfaces to sync and browse  files.
(Pydio is e very clean ajax GUI for file management recommended by Lacie,
Qnap and Redhat/glusterfs)

tahoe to backup files on a small grid of computers abroad several locations

we would like to make the two tools to be working together a bit more
smoothly.

In fact i would like to be able to create in my Pydio install an access to
a tahoe URI cap
as i can do in it to a S3 of FTP share.

(actually i can do something like this through the sftp frontend of tahoe
but i want any user to be able to do that by themselves)

tahoe has an API for external access through tahoe gateways

Pydio (and owncloud) to access to external storage using streamwrapper php
classes for each type of driver (ftp, s3...)

as several work as been done on tahoe for external access / GUI frontends
(inside tahoe project or also in relative projects based on tahoe)

Does anybody know if such a tahoes treamwrapper class/librairy has already
been created / used by someone?

so that i can reuse it as a basis to create a tahoe driver for pydio

actually the lead developper of pydio will not work on this alone
but he seems open to support debuging this driver from his side if we
prepare a bit the thing from tahoe side.

anyone has any information about such a precedent effort ?

thank you

xavier