Problems building Tahoe-LAFS v1.10.0 for OpenBSD 5.4.

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sat Feb 15 18:32:43 UTC 2014

  What compiler do I need? Tried making a symlink "cc" to gcc and then
  to g++ (they are egcc and eg++ on OpenBSD for some reason).

This sounds fishy; does OpenBSD really not supply a "cc" of some sort?

Have you been able to compile other programs?  It seems likely, from
reading your log, that trying to compile most anything would have
trouble.

tahoe builds fine on NetBSD, via pkgsrc, and it at least builds on
OpenSolaris (and may well work).  So it's not that tahoe is linux-only.

  cc: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory

Do you have the compiler sets installed?  I am very fuzzy on current
OpenBSD installation details, but in BSD it's normal to have "sets" with
base, comp, games, and so on.    On NetBSD, there is
/usr/include/rpc/rpc.h, and it goes back to

  revision 1.1
  date: 1993-05-03 03:42:52 -0400;  author: deraadt;  state: Exp;
  rpc include files moved into /usr/src/include. Makes more sense and
  lets YP and libc compile cleanly.

which means OpenBSD should have it too, unless it was intentionally
removed.