Problems building Tahoe-LAFS v1.10.0 for OpenBSD 5.4.

Kyle Markley kyle at arbyte.us
Mon Feb 17 20:24:14 UTC 2014

I'm glad that you got this working and sorry that I didn't see this
thread earlier.

I've been running a buildbot for tahoe-lafs on OpenBSD for several
years.  I'm currently one version behind (OpenBSD 5.3) but have
periodically upgraded.  Was your issue that you didn't have a compiler
installed, or was it something else?  I'd like to know if I'm going to
run into issues on my next upgrade.

Zooko, could I have my buildbot generate those binary packages? If so, how?

Incidentally, I didn't see this thread earlier because I was busy
dealing with a hard drive that has developed some bad sectors, and I had
to recover a portion of my data from backups on my tahoe-lafs grid.

On 02/17/14 11:49, nvw6lxh2ytnyw at pyramidheadgroup.ca wrote:
> On 2014-02-13 04:58, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM, <nvw6lxh2ytnyw at pyramidheadgroup.ca>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>
>> Hello! Welcome.
>>
>>> unable to execute cc: No such file or directory
>>
>> It sounds like it is trying to invoke the compiler (which is an
>> executable named "cc") and it can't find it. So this is an occurrence
>> of
>>
>> https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/CompileError
>>
>> The solution is to either
>>
>> a) install a compiler, or
>>
>> b) get someone to build binary packages for OpenBSD that we can host
>> on
>> https://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/deps/tahoe-lafs-dep-eggs/README.html
>> for Python 2.7 and x86.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Zooko
>
> Ok, all  done:
>
> $tahoe --version
> allmydata-tahoe: 1.10.0
> foolscap: 0.6.3
> pycryptopp: 0.6.0.1206569328141510525648634803928199668821045408958
> zfec: 1.4.24
> Twisted: 13.2.0
> Nevow: 0.10.0
> zope.interface: unknown
> python: 2.7.5
> platform: OpenBSD-5.4-i386-32bit-ELF
> pyOpenSSL: 0.13
> simplejson: 2.5.0
> pycrypto: 2.6
> pyasn1: unknown
> mock: 0.8.0
> setuptools: 0.6c16dev4
>
> Which files do you need from this PC to compress into the package?

Kyle Markley