report^H^H^H^H^H^Hcryptic notes from Twice-Weekly LAFS Chat, Monday 2014-02-17

Zooko Wilcox-OHearn zooko at leastauthority.com
Thu Feb 20 21:24:49 UTC 2014

in attendance: Zooko (scribe), Brian, Zancas (lurker), Daira

Zooko is trying to simplify and/or understand the implementation of
the core algorithm of servers-of-happiness in happiness_upload.py and
documented in docs/specifications/servers-of-happiness.rst

Then we took a hard left turn into Cryptocurrency Land.

trapdoor free accumulators, RSA-UFOs, SNARKs, NIZKs

ZeroCoin, ZeroCash

bonds to penalize multispenders, Nikita and Zooko

pure-proof-of-stake, positive-expected-value mining (a simple solution
to the “I have googol-googol-googol-votes” attack)

51% attack

ordering sold separately from transaction-vetting

bootstrap by granting newcoin to Bitcoin holders

“Zookoin” — you heard it here first!

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn

Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Rep