I find it hard to use munin plugins in tahoe

Daira Hopwood daira at jacaranda.org
Fri Feb 21 15:37:58 UTC 2014

On 21/02/14 13:42, xiao_s_yuan wrote:
> As a fresher ,I worked several days to use tahoe's munin plugins ,but I can't finished it
> now ,for example:now I want to monitor the total disk in the grid ,I think I should the
> tahoe_disktotal plugin.

I think no-one has tried to use those plugins for some time, and they aren't
tested by the Tahoe-LAFS test suite. They're definitely insufficiently documented.
So if you encounter problems with the instructions below, please post again and
we'll give them some more attention.

> then I think I should use tahoe_disktotal plugin,but I can't understand "The plugin should
> be configured with env_url= pointing at the diskwatcher.tac webport." where should I
> configure the env_url?

In the munin configuration file, usually /etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/tahoe-conf .
The configuration for each plugin should be in a section named for the plugin,
but with '_' replaced by '-', e.g.

[tahoe-disktotal]
env_url=http://HOST:PORT

There's an example for a different plugin at the top of
<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/misc/operations_helpers/munin/tahoe_server_operations_>,
and more examples in
<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/misc/operations_helpers/munin/tahoe-conf>.

--