Meeting place to discuss 'the decentralised internet' projects

David Irvine david.irvine at maidsafe.net
Sun Jan 26 15:53:35 UTC 2014

Hi sorry for barging in, but with all of the projects now based around
decentralisation, I thought a common place to exchange ideas would be good.
I have created a subreddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/decentralisedinternet/as a place for as many
projects to collaborate and share experiences,
research and general comments.

I am hoping to make this an open environment for discussion and technical
debate, but not a place of project wars. This is essential and to that end
I would like to engage with you and have you all sign up to the subreddit.
I believe as we recodnise more projects then at least one person from each
project should be a moderator. This should add stability and ensure that
each project is protected as they all have their own path to follow. I
suggest each project puts forward an admin and I will add them immediately.
I believe there is enough of a push now to decentralise services and
working together to achieve all of our goals can only be a good thing.

Below is the sidebar text as it stands, this is all open for debate.
########################
This is a reddit of logic and not emotion, please base all debate on logic.
We do not want project wars here, so no vim/emacs type debate between
projects. Keep focussed and logical if at all possible.

Whilst people will prefer one project over another, the point of this
subreddit is to find the technically best solutions to the miriad of issues
and share technology and discussion between projects. Advertising is not a
goal of this subreddit, although new information about projects is
encouraged.

Submissions that are mostly about some other server based solutions belong
elsewhere.

Please avoid repetition — /r/decentralisedinternet is a subreddit devoted
to new information and discussion about decentralisation of the Internet.
New projects are welcome to announce themselves via this reddit, but after
those have been announced they are no longer news and should not be
re-posted. New news will be accepted. Aside from new project announcements,
those interested in advertising to our audience should consider Reddit's
self-serve advertising system.

Projects so far (please request to be added by posting a link to your
project, if it is upvoted and agreed by redditors to be accepted it will be
added here)

Freenet
Tahoe
bitcoin
MaidSafe
bitcloud
twister
I am sending this message to each of the projects mentioned and any others
that should be included as we progress.

--

David Irvine
maidsafe.net <http://www.maidsafe.net/>