Meeting place to discuss 'the decentralised internet' projects

David Irvine david.irvine at maidsafe.net
Mon Jan 27 16:05:02 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Zooko Wilcox-OHearn <
zooko at leastauthority.com> wrote:

> It seems like your tech has much in common with Tahoe-LAFS, and I
> wondered if you considered using Tahoe-LAFS as part of your toolset,
> and I wondered if you had any documentation of differences between
> your architecture and Tahoe-LAFS.

Hi Zooko, great to speak, we have bounced near each other on some mailing
lists etc. Yes this is one of the reasons for setting up the whole reddit.
I think many of us re-invent the wheel in certain areas.

I will of course write to the lists as well, thanks for that.

I did get into Tahoe a while back as with most of us, a try for a few hours
and move on. Ideally I would love to use parts of as many projects as
 possible and have them use as much of our code as possible.

We are also a bit similar in trying to have some mechanism of earning to
pay for the work to get done and that's tough I think. Neither of us has
the best plan their but we are trying different routes, so great, like lean
development. If we all work together we can pick the best and go with it.

I am rushing about just now, but this is a great a start for that subreddit
I think. I have seem a bunch  of mesh network solutions that both our
projects could make use of to good effect as well. I am sure our rudp and
routing layer will help many and if so we need to make sure all licensing
etc. works to. Adjusting these things is not beyond us.

So I would love to be finding more out from the core devs and likewise. We
should all benefit from each other in good ways. So if you don't mind
discussing in the open then great. I am sure there are similarities and
differences we could make use of for sure.

Thanks again for your help in cryptopp, it's great.

--

David Irvine
maidsafe.net <http://www.maidsafe.net/>