Public WUI ?

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Thu Jun 5 10:33:31 UTC 2014

Tahoe doesn't support access controls for its WUI, so anyone with access to the
WUI can use it to upload files. As such, it only listens on localhost by
default. You can easily make it listen on other interfaces by changing the
web.port in your tahoe.cfg.

The best current solution (afaik) for preventing uploads while running a
public-facing WUI is to use an http proxy to limit which WUI resourcs are
accessible. The LAFS Restrictive Proxy Gateway (lafs-rpg) automates the
configuration of nginx for this purpose:
https://bitbucket.org/nejucomo/lafs-rpg

~leif