Problems uploading immutable files

David Schneider davidschneider.kontakt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:15:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm running my own grid on a debian based distribution with a client, an
introducer and 11 storage nodes. I can create directorys and upload every
file (immutable, sdmf or mdmf). I can download every file uploaded as a
mutable format, but I can't open a file which was uploaded as immutable.
Everytime I try to open it, I get the following error:

NotEnoughSharesError: This indicates that some servers were unavailable, or
> that shares have been lost to server departure, hard drive failure, or disk
> corruption. You should perform a filecheck on this object to learn more.
>
> The full error message is:
> ran out of shares: complete= pending=Share(sh5-on-v3otfjwi) overdue=
> unused= need 3. Last failure: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no
> frames): <class 'allmydata.immutable.downloader.share.LayoutInvalid'>:
> unknown version 0 (I understand 1 and 2)
> ]

As upload result of a immutable file I get the following message:

> Upload Results:
>
>    - URI:
>    URI:CHK:fuzj3gnpd3ngasdasdepvr3by:tptrqzuvxr3ltvqdk5foz2lur33yf6xit7so4rw7yhg2q3u6btga:3:10:1200
>    - Download link: /uri/URI:CHK:
>    fzj3gnpd3ngasdasdepvr3by:tptrqzuvxr3ltvqdk5foz2lur33yf6xit7so4rw7yhg2q3u6btga
>    :3:10:1200
>    <http://192.168.1.12:3456/uri/URI%3ACHK%3Afuzj3gnpd3njkxeruwtepvr3by%3Atptrqzuvxr3ltvqdk5foz2lur33yf6xit7so4rw7yhg2q3u6btga%3A3%3A10%3A1200>
>    - Sharemap:
>       - 8 -> placed on [y2zlzq7z]
>       - 9 -> placed on [u64psdjj]
>    - Servermap:
>       - [y2zlzq7z] got share: #8
>       - [u64psdjj] got share: #9
>    - Timings:
>       - File Size: 1200 bytes
>       - Total: 23 seconds (50Bps)
>          - Storage Index: 3.8ms (314.0kBps)
>          - [Contacting Helper]:
>          - [Upload Ciphertext To Helper]: ()
>          - Peer Selection: 20 seconds
>          - Encode And Push: 3.63s (25.2kBps)
>             - Cumulative Encoding: 6.6ms (182.5kBps)
>             - Cumulative Pushing: 41ms (29.2kBps)
>             - Send Hashes And Close: 3.56s
>          - [Helper Total]:

It kinda seems that it just placed 2 shares instead of 10?

Somebody knows which problem I am facing? Did I miss some setting?
Regards, David