Re: Tahoe-LAFS featured in “Why the command-line is not usable”

Zooko Wilcox-OHearn zooko at leastauthority.com
Tue Apr 14 19:06:01 UTC 2015

Dear smarty ;):

Daira and Ramki have replied to your comments about the Windows build.
Please help them fix up the Windows build by reading and critiquing
the documents they pointed to!

> actually the packages from main linux versions are 1.9 and are 3 years old actual release 1.10 is about 2 years old
>
> actual development seems quite active but with no officiel release
>
> what would you recommend to use ?
>
>     2 years old 1.10 release ?
>     master from github ?
>     master from trac ?

Master from github should always be the same as master from trac --
they get autosynced with one another.

As for whether to use the most recent stable release or a development
revision, it depends on your goals. For *you*, since you are doing so
much good work on the Windows build, I would like you to use the
current master and contribute pull-requests back to it!