tahoe-dev Digest, Vol 101, Issue 10

Daira Hopwood daira at jacaranda.org
Mon Aug 17 14:39:53 UTC 2015

On 13/08/15 15:00, MaQ wrote:
> No, questions weren't answered.

Sorry about that.

> The first is kind of most pressing at moment as I'm in middle of
> configuring base app. I'm a complete novice in many ways. While I have
> the patience, time and motivation going through trial and error, to the
> uninitiated it is all a bit daunting to wrap your head around and
> execute. I'm trying to set things up in a way so someone using has to do
> as little as possible when it comes to terminal and needed steps,
> because I'd like them to take advantage of idea.
>
> What I've done is set tahoe up on VM. Only creating client node per
> running.rst to test that port, tahoe, WUI, etc. works. When OVA is given
> to others there must be, or it just isn't pertinent, a way for someone
> to go about configuring a new introducer and client that for them would
> be unique, indifferent to test introducer instance that would still be
> present?

A new node needs to be created using 'tahoe create-client' (or
'tahoe create-node') for each instance. If the VM is cloned, then the
same key material and tub-id will be used for each node, which will
cause problems.

> Secondly, it is possible to limit who your introducer and clients  are
> interacting with?

Only by restricting access to the introducer.furl, which controls which
servers (and other clients) can connect to the introducer.

> Lastly, I'm trying to autostart on boot in Debian -
> Menu/Settings/Session&Startup/App Autostart/. From terminal no problems
> getting things to start. But, proper path and command for GUI don't know
> trick. Tried a few variations. Present path is: '/usr/share/.tahoe/?'.
> 'tahoe run' works in terminal...

If you're using the Debian tahoe-lafs package, the executable is
/usr/bin/tahoe.

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥