GSoC 2015 to overcome NAT limitations?

David Stainton dstainton415 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:51:14 UTC 2015

Hi Lukas,

I'm very interested to see what the tahoe-devs say to this idea of
participating in GSoC.

With regards to NAT... it seems that they decided a while back that
this problem was outside the scope of what Tahoe-LAFS should solve...
but maybe they are interested? I can tell you that there are various
people such as myself who use Tahoe-LAFS with Tor and Tor hidden
services... we therefore get NAT penetration for free. I don't know
much about I2p but I think they may have NAT penetration as well.

Cheers,

David