Need to restore zeroed file

Daira Hopwood daira at jacaranda.org
Thu Jul 9 23:09:47 UTC 2015

On 09/07/15 23:10, Roland Haeder wrote:
> On 07/09/2015 11:33 PM, Daira Hopwood wrote:
>> This is unclear; do you mean that a file containing the URI got zeroed?
>
> I have saved a file through sshfs and all I got was a zero-length file
> in my mount point.

Assuming you were using sshfs with Tahoe's SFTP server, there are two possibilities:

* The file was actually uploaded and is still linked from the parent
  directory that you configured the SFTP server to use. To eliminate any
  possible SFTP-related problems, use 'tahoe ls' on that directory URI,
  and 'tahoe cp' to copy the file if it is there.

* The file was never correctly uploaded, in which case it is lost if you
  have no other copy.

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥