upload difficulty and global tahoe status ?

Freelab initiative freelab.cc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:30:47 UTC 2015

normally for slow links using a helper with a good connection shall helps
to reduce the traffic pretty much.

i am not so convinced about the helper stability : sometimes i have
observed my helper receiving files but not processing them. ( just having
the total request queue going up and up)

maybe tahoe is just not using all available capacity

i am making a new test now

test zone have 1gb fiber with 200mb upload link
i have 2 node on lan  and 4 nodes outside with 200mb link each

when making tahoe backup command

network traffic generated by tahoe goes

   -  from 100 kB/s to 3mB/s
   - most of the time within the range of 800 kB/s

CPU usage isquite  low

   - 3 cores less than 10 %
   - one core around 50 %

can i allow tahoe to use more of my machine to speed the things ?
to avoid waiting so much when my cores are almost sleeping....

my weakness is maybe than i run several versions of tahoe

   - 1.10.1,
   -  1.10,

depending if compiled or from debian/ubuntu packages