1.10.2 beta1 is tagged

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Jul 29 01:19:56 UTC 2015

I just tagged the first beta for the 1.10.2 release. This fixes the
problem with "mock" that's currently preventing 1.10.1 from building at
all (by no longer using mock).

Tarballs are in the usual place:

 https://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/tarballs/allmydata-tahoe-1.10.2b1.tar.gz

and its siblings.

Please give it a spin and let me know if you see any problems. I'm
looking to make the final release in two days (on thursday). The NEWS
file entry is attached below.

Release 1.10.2 (?)
''''''''''''''''''

Packaging Changes
-----------------

This release no longer requires the ``mock`` library (which was
previously used in the unit test suite). Shortly after the Tahoe-LAFS
1.10.1 release, a new version of ``mock`` was released (1.1.0) that
proved to be incompatible with Tahoe's fork of setuptools, preventing
Tahoe-1.10.1 from building at all. `#2465`_

The ``tahoe --version`` output is now less likely to include scary
diagnostic warnings that look deceptively like stack traces. `#2436`_

The pyasn1 requirement was increased to >= 0.1.8.

.. _`#2465`: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2465
.. _`#2436`: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2436

Other Fixes

A WebAPI ``GET`` would sometimes hang when using the HTTP Range header
to read just part of the file. `#2459`_

Using ``tahoe cp`` to copy two different files of the same name into the
same target directory now raises an error, rather than silently
overwriting one of the files. `#2447`_

All tickets closed in this release: 2328 2436 2446 2447 2459 2460 2461
2462 2465 2470.

.. _`#2459`: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2459
.. _`#2447`: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2447