[tahoe-announce] ANN: Tahoe-LAFS 1.10.1 released

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zookog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 14:39:50 UTC 2015

Whoo-hoo! Way to go, Brian, for being the best Release Manager. :-)

Tahoe-LAFS v1.10.1 is excellent for being a stable, bugfix release.
Now what shall we do next?

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/milestone/1.11.0

My top priority is to land Servers-Of-Happiness (`#1382`_). We have a
good introductory document explaining to the user why they would want
it and what it does in broad terms:

https://github.com/zooko/tahoe-lafs/blob/1382-rewrite-5/docs/upload-happiness.rst

There is actually a complete implementation of Servers-of-Happiness,
but it fails at least one unit test. That may be a bug in the test
instead of in the code — I'm not sure. That code was written by Kevan
Carstenen long ago, and we may want to rewrite it so that the current
maintainers understand it before landing it .

.. _#1382: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1382#
immutable peer selection refactoring and enhancements

Other work that is done or almost done but isn't landed in trunk
includes Lin Shu's `#573 server selection`_ branch.

.. _#573 server selection:
https://github.com/linshu/tahoe-lafs/commits/573-server-selection

And, the `Cloud Backend`_ that LeastAuthority wrote.

.. _Cloud Backend: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1819

(Which includes the `improved leasedb`_.)

.. _improved leasedb: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1818