torsocks with tahoe

raisin at riseup.net raisin at riseup.net
Mon Apr 11 18:04:25 UTC 2016

Hello people,

I have a problem configuring Tahoe with torsocks. I read the docs but i
couldn't find much information. I hope you can help me.

I am running debian jessie Kernel 3.16.0-4-amd64.I am logged in with a
normal user on the machine.Starting Tahoe without torsocks works
perfectly fine.

I think I configured tor and tahoe correctly(however apparently not).

As when i try to start the tahoe-introducer with:

torsocks tahoe start -C /home/joe/tahoe

it fails with:

An error has occurred: '[Errno 1] Operation not permitted'

I found the folowing bug report which has almost the same error, but it
wasn't much of a help:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2296

my torrc:

https://paste.ee/p/iRSmQ

my twistd.log:

https://paste.ee/p/LE6Ti

my tahoe.cfg:

https://paste.ee/p/Mcyxj

greets,

raisin

p.s. i know that i'll have to make a new the onion-address :)