build errors on Fedora 24 and CentOS 7

dawuud dawuud at riseup.net
Thu Oct 13 09:09:10 UTC 2016

Hi.

about that test_move_tree unit test... I think this indicates a minor bug
in magic-folder which I have briefly documented in this ticket:

"""magic-folder: watched sub-dir stilled watched after being removed from magic-folder"""
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2836

> If I can provide information for fixing
>   allmydata.test.test_magic_folder.RealTest.test_move_tree
> please let me know. CentOS, Fedora and Slackware seem to be affected¹.

I wonder if the failed versus pass buildbots have different versions
of twisted or different Linux kernel versions which have slightly
different inotify implementations.

Anyway, we should use the recursive=True inotify watch mode when the platform supports
it... AND we must "unwatch" directories when they are moved out of the magic-folder.
The test_move_tree test should be fixed so that when we receive an event from a directory
which was moved out of the magic-folder it should fail the test instead of pass.

I'll try to work on this today.

Cheers,
David