Uploading files with http put

brucet brucet.cisco at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 15:08:23 UTC 2019

I am writing a Tahoe-LAFS plugin for Nextcloud and close to having it completed. The plugin puts Tahoe-LAFS on even footing with other cloud storage systems that have been integrated with Nextcloud such as: Amazon S3 and Swift.

The problem I am having is I need to support asynchronous uploading of local files to Tahoe-LAFS. I have not found a way to do this using the “tahoe cp” command. However, if I use an http put to perform the upload then I can support asynchronous uploads in Nextcloud.

I am using the “tahoe” command from the plugin so I can use any tahoe command that completes in a relatively short period of time. Is there a simple way for me to create a placeholder tahoe URI that I can use to perform an http put with to perform an upload?

Thanks in advance,

                Bruce T