use case: sharing media content between orgs

Gulyás Attila toraritte at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 08:45:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

Would it be a valid use case for Tahoe-LAFS to share media content
among organizations?

To elaborate, there are many reading services for the blind all across
the States (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_reading_service) and
volunteer effort is duplicated for certain topics (e.g., grocery store
flyers for large chains are the same for every state, yet services
have their volunteers read these every week, independently of each
other). These services all use different storage solutions (i.e.,
on-site servers and different cloud vendors) and based on what I read
so far Tahoe-LAFS could help to bridge this gap: organizations that
choose to join would be able to contribute storage space to the grid
and everyone would have uniform access to the content.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Appreciatively,
Attila Gulyas  |  IT/Program Assistant
Email: agulyas at societyfortheblind.org
Phone: (916) 889-7510

Access News helpdesk:
(916) 889-7519
accessnews at societyfortheblind.org

Access News system:
(800) 665-4667
(916) 732-4000

Society for the Blind
1238 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95811

SFTB Main Phone: (916) 452-8271
Fax: (916) 492-2483
www.societyfortheblind.org

Our mission is to empower individuals living with low vision or
blindness to discover, develop and achieve their full potential.