tahoe-lafs 1.16.0 rc1

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Oct 6 13:08:48 UTC 2021

meejah <meejah at meejah.ca> writes:

> https://tahoe-lafs.org/downloads/tahoe-lafs-1.16.0rc1.tar.gz
> https://tahoe-lafs.org/downloads/tahoe-lafs-1.16.0rc1.tar.gz.fon-asc
> https://tahoe-lafs.org/downloads/tahoe-lafs-1.16.0rc1.tar.gz.meejah-asc

Not a big deal, but last time there was .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 and this
time only .tar.gz.  I picked bz2 because it's slightly smaller.  That's
a minor roadbump for packaging, so it would be good for there to be a
plan for formats and to be consistent, and even RCs should be consistent
since it's a dry run all the way through publish/packaging.  I don't
care what the plan is as long as it is reasonable unix and not .zip, so
.tar.gz and .tar.bz2 are fine.

I see that rc1 gz is much smaller than the rc0 gz, and I don't
understand why.   I don't need to understand as long as the dev team
does and thinks it is ok :-)

tahoe-lafs-1.16.0rc0.tar.gz                        26-Aug-2021 19:04            12786346
tahoe-lafs-1.16.0rc1.tar.gz                        06-Oct-2021 05:28             5865222

After updating versions and suffix, my draft 1.16.0 package built (with
no change to set of installed files from rc0) and the resulting tahoe
command runs, on NetBSD 9 amd64 with python 3.7.